Roles of the Chairperson
- Preside over the National Council and enforce its rules of procedure for the orderly conduct of the proceedings.
- Preserve dignity and decorum in the hall.
- Maintain discipline amongst the members.
- Sign Bills passed by the National Council.
- Represent the National Council in its relation with the Druk Gyalpo, the Executive, and the Judiciary.
- Establish inter-parliamentary relations.
Deputy Chairperson's Role in Absence
The Deputy Chairperson, while presiding during the Chairperson's absence, shall have the same powers and privileges as the Chairperson. They will also perform the duties of the Chairperson, and every action performed by the Deputy Chairperson shall have the same effect and validity as that of the Chairperson.